Pharmacy Technician Primer
Pharmacy Technician Primer is a no-nonsense training program for anyone interested in a career within the pharmacy profession. The program focuses on basic skills and understanding while minimizing training burdens on the existing pharmacy staff. Pharmacy Technician Primer is the perfect starting point for cross-training front store pharmacy personnel, training new pharmacy staff or self-directed training for individuals interested in becoming a pharmacy technician.
- Four comprehensive and relevant modules
- Unlimited online access 24/7
- Assessment quiz & certificate of completion
By completing the training program, student should:
- have an idea of what a typical Pharmacy Technician's duties will entail.
- gain general and basic knowledge of a typical retail pharmacy and its operations.
- feel less overwhelmed and stressed during the first few weeks of employment.
- prove to future employers their commitment to becoming part of the pharmacy team.
- grain an edge on any other applicants for a particular pharmacy position.
- save time and frustration during the in-store training process.
- determine whether a career in pharmacy may be the right fit.
- NOTE: This program is NOT intended as a study guide for the PTCB Exam.
- General Pharmacy Information
- Sig Codes/Abbreviations
- Brand-Generic Name Recognition
- Prescriber Handwriting Recognition + Day’s Supply Calculations
- Self-Assessment Quiz